Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

White Christmas

‘White Christmas’ Wine Bag is Mona Leonard’s take on the theme.
I needed the perfect bag for my friend’s Christmas gift and I only just purchased my heat press so this is what inspired me to do this wine bag… I added a fun saying and a couple of Christmas embellishments and… the rest is history…
Mona used for her project:
Canvas Corp rustic canvas wine tote with tie

Canvas Corp 12×12 printed canvas sheet Jolly Christmas
Canvas Corp Canvas remnants
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Guilded Gold
Thread and needle
Silhouette/ vinyl htv
Heat Press , Markers
Scissors, Sewing machine
I started my project by measuring the rim of my bag which was close to 10 inches, took some canvas remnants and cut it 3″x18 ” to make a frill around my bag. I then flipped my bag inside out pinned my strip on canvas around the edge of my bag making little fold every few inches. I sewed it in place and flipped the bag back right side up.
I folded the ruffle back down and cut off the string that attaches the bag off with a pair of scissors.
I then printed the quote I wanted using my silhouette and some vinyl.
Once everything was cut out, I heat pressed it into place.
I found a wooden tag in my stash so I decided to spray it using my Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist Guilded Gold.
Once the spray was dry, I used a old stamp and some red ink to stamp my tag.
This is where I took my Jolly Christmas 12×12 printed canvas and cut out the little Christmas lights from it using my scissors.
I then took my Spectrum Noire Markers to color them in. Once they were dry, I placed the little lights where I wanted them and used some fabric glue to adhere them into place. To finish off my bag, I took some white thread and a needle and stitched the tag onto the bag. Then I used red tassel trim to use as my tie.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Mona

No comments:

Post a Comment