Pages

Thursday 2 February 2017

Mixed media wood block doll canvas


Hi everyone I would love to share with you this very colourful Canvas that I did that was inspired by Marc Montano mixed media wood block dolls... when I saw it I just knew I had to make one I just wanted to turn it into a canvas.

I first started by adhering Tim Holtz tissue paper with mod pudge let it dry, added my colours by using different shades of my favourite gelatos. Used a stencil and gesso to add texture in a few places then edged my whole canvas with black sooth distress ink.

My blocs were cut in scraps of wood we have in garage and used same tissue paper as background to cover blocks and then painted with a solid colour using my inks

Face body and wings were images printed from a website that Marc Montano shares on his blog.

Rest of elements were all stamps and dies I had in my stash.  You can look below on picture to see supplies used.

This project was a lot of fun to don, hope you enjoy it 😊

Some of the supplies used in my project.  If you have any questions about the project please do not hesitate to message me below.





No comments:

Post a Comment